Todays giveaway: House of Knives
Andre and Q (owners of House of Knives) as well as Chef Colin Burslem have been friends for a number of years. These three folks do so much for the community it warms my heart to introduce (or re-introduce) you to them. This is a very special prize we have created for you and I hope the lucky winner gets as much joy from the experience as we do from giving it away! Good luck.
EXPERIENCE THE CULINARY ARTS
Prepare, roast, (and enjoy) the finest of prime rib dinners like a pro!
With the best tools and ingredients provided and paired with experienced teachers to show you the ropes, there will be no more excuses to stay out of the kitchen.
Start with a 28-day aged Angus Certified Prime Rib courtesy of Intercity Packers and a virtual cooking class from Chef Colin Burslem, who will demonstrate how to prepare and roast your prime rib to perfection!
We then provide you with the tools—a set of Kori Artisan knives that perform as well as they look…and they look good. Each blade has a core of Japanese VG10 surrounded by 36 layers of hammered steel that creates a beautiful layered Damascus pattern. Finished with a riveted linen micarta handle for ultimate comfort and durability, and a traditional mosaic pin and end cap, these knives are a work of art.
But, the tools are only as good as its user, so prepare to be inspired and empowered by a virtual knife skills class from Andre Eng, owner of House of Knives.
The Kori Artisan 8″ Chef Knife is an ideal multi-purpose knife. Specifically shaped to excel at nearly every task in the kitchen, the chef knife is great for chopping, slicing, mincing, dicing, julienning, you name it. The wide belly allows you to get a rocking cut for quickly cutting up vegetables or herbs. And with the half bolster design on the Kori Artisan, you get full use of the blade and ease of resharpening.
Kori Artisan knives are handcrafted for beauty, function, and superior performance. Taking over 60 steps to complete each knife, Kori Artisan uses advanced materials and crafting techniques to ensure your knives last you years. Each blade features a Japanese VG10 core, surrounded by 36 layers of hammered steel to create that beautiful layered Damascus pattern. Finished with a riveted linen micarta handle for ultimate comfort and durability, with a traditional mosaic pin and end cap. Every Kori knife has been crafted to the highest standards of quality and workmanship that’s why each is backed by a lifetime warranty covering any defects in material or workmanship.
THE SOCIAL CRUST CAFE
Social Crust Cafe & Catering was launched in October of 2014 as a social enterprise of Coast Mental Health. In partnership with Coast’s Culinary Skills Training Program, we provide a safe space for young adults with barriers to employment the opportunities to gain commercial kitchen experience, learn soft skills, and enter the workforce in a working café.
- A virtual cooking lesson with Colin Burslem in the safety and comfort of your kitchen teaching you how to roast the perfect prime rib dinner ($100)
- A virtual knife skills lesson with Andre Eng (Pricelss…or $75)
- 4lb 28-day aged Angus Certified Prime Rib courtesy of Intercity Packers ($75)
- The ultimate tools for preparing and roasting the perfect prime rib
- Kori Artisan 5.5″ Prep Knife ($180)
- Kori Artisan 9″ Carving Knife ($225)
- 2x Kussi heat resistant gloves ($50)
- Kori Artisan 8″ Chef Knife ($239)
- Kussi Bamboo Cutting Board Dual Sided Juice Groove Grip ($99)
- Kussi Non stick silicone baking mat ($16)
- Kuchewerks Meat Thermometer ($17)
- Zwillings Stainless Steel Roasting Pan ($290)
- Fusion Classic 4pc Steak Knife Set ($199)
TOTAL VALUE APPROX $1581 CAD
- Prize must be claimed before December 31, 2021.
- Items can be picked up locally from any house of knives location or shipped anywhere in Canada for $25
- Follow @toddtalbot and @houseofknives on Instagram and/or Facebook and respond to the question/challenge asked in photo caption
- Play along on Facebook and Instagram and get your name entered twice
- Must be 18 years of age.
- By entering, you release Instagram of all responsibility.
- Giveaway runs from 6 AM PST on December 7, 2020 and ends 12PM PST on December 19, 2020
- No purchase necessary to enter this giveaway
- One winner will be selected by random number draw
- The winners will be contacted within 24 hours to make prizing arrangements
- Contest is open to residents of Canada only
- There are no exchanges, transfers or cash value